The following applications and services are used to build and maintain this website.
- ProcessWire CMS - an open-source content management system/framework. It is used to build, run and maintain the entire site. Unlike other systems, ProcessWire does not force content, structure or markup on the developer via byzantine templating systems.
- Magnific Popup - a free open-source responsive lightbox/dialog/modal window plugin for jQuery.
- FontAwesome - a free, open-source scalable vector icon web font.
- Distant Galaxy (via Font Squirrel) - freeware web font by ShyFonts Type Foundry.
This site also uses the following webservices and APIs:
The comic itself was made with the following software:
- Inkscape - free and open source vector (SVG) graphics editor.
- GIMP - free and open source photo/image editor.
- Until Volume IV, I used PaintShop Pro, a commercial graphics editor (and old version from when it was still owned by Jasc).
- Blambot Comic Fonts - free (for non-commercial use) comic book fonts.
- Mars Police - used for the Tranquility Base logo
- Digital Strip and Digital Strip 2 - used for most dialogue
- Other "Sound Effect" and "Design" fonts used variously throughout the comic.
None of this, of course, would exist without those little plastic bricks and figures that are produced in their billions each year by the LEGO® Group.