Episode #22: If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor.
Captain Slog getting Hudson's gender wrong is a joke on the fact that early LEGO minifigures all had plain smiling faces (like the spacedude in white) - so the spacemen in their uniforms and helmets all looked the same, there was no "male" or "female". Even now, the only "gender" differences are tertiary/superficial and linked more to stereotypical gender expression (hair/clothes/make-up etc).
Also, admit it, if anybody told you about somebody getting their DNA spliced with a cat, the first thing you'd ask is "is the cat ok?".
- Panel 1: A staff room on Tranquility Base. Hudson is standing at an equipment rack, and is removing her helmet.
- Slog (OFF):
- Hudson, don't be too long at lunch, I need to finish these reports!
- Sigh. No captain…
- Panel 2: Having removed her helment, Hudson also removes her airtanks. Another person is revealed in the staff room, it is the Spacedude who was spliced with Fluffy.
- How's life as the Captain's assistant?
- Well, he kept calling me "Young Man", "Chap", "Son" and "Laddy" for a while, before he finally got it right. To be fair, it was a week before he saw me without my helmet on.
- Panel 3: Hudson is now sitting down next to Spacedude, she is eating a banana, part of her lunch.
- That's better than having your DNA spliced with a cat's resulting in several hours of maor surgery to fix it and all anybody asks is if the cat is still ok!
- But at least your problem has ended! I still love a man who bearly notices my existance, let alone reciprocate, and he's my superior officer!
- Panel 4: Same scene (from a slightly shifted perspective) of Hudson and Spacedude talking, except now Hudson is making a grimacing face as if something has disgusted/horrified her.
- Ended? I wish! I'm still bald, this is the fifth day in a row I've craved tuna sandwiches for lunch, yesterday I hurled up a hair ball into my helmet, this morning I napped on a very expensive piece of scientific equipment,and I still get strong urges to lick my backside in public!
- Hudson (horrified):
- Where did the hair ball come from?
- You do not want to know.
- Urgh! Ok, you win!